Need help with your tax return?
Free Tax Help is provided by expert, trained volunteers who can help you to submit your annual tex return. It is a free service provided by the Australian Tax Office.
Tax Help is available to people who have earned $60,000 or less in the last year. Unfortunately, this free service is not available to people who:
- Work as a contractor – for example, a contract cleaner, taxi or Uber driver
- Run a business, including as a sole trader
- Have partnership or trust matters
- Buy or sell shares
- Own a rental or investment property
- Have capital gains tax (CGT)
- Receive royalty payments
- Receive distributions from a trust, other than a managed fund
- Receive foreign income, that is not a foreign pension or annuity.
Tax Help is available 9am-4pm every Tuesday until 31 October 2023, at our community hub at 76 Carrington Street. Bookings are essential.