Rainbow Region Kids Childcare Assistant Coordinator (casual)
Northern Rivers Community Gateway is a not-for-profit, QIP accredited community organisation providing welfare and community capacity building services. We are a person-centred and values-driven organisation. Our services are aimed at alleviating disadvantage. We are committed to social justice and to the financial and social inclusion of every human being.
Our Rainbow Region Kids service provides accredited before and after school care and vacation care. Developed with the my time our place framework, it provides government-subsided childcare for school aged children.
We are now recruiting for the following role of Casual Childcare Assistant Coordinator. This role is required to work varying hours per week, with remuneration aligning to the Children Services Award 2010 Level 4. The Casual Childcare Assistant Coordinator will work as part of a team within our children’s services, located at Lismore, Wollongbar, Alstonville, Casino, Kyogle, Ocean Shores and other sites within the Northern Rivers area.
About the ideal person for this role
Our organisation is looking for suitable candidates who can align with our values
Key selection criteria
Qualification, knowledge, skills and experience required to perform the role
- Minimum 3 years work experience within a childcare framework.
- Demonstrated supervision skills.
- Demonstrated experience communicating in a range of contexts.
- Knowledge and understanding of childhood development and programming for children.
- An understanding of the Education and Care Services national law and regulations.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing quality improvement through and evaluating routines.
- Minimum Diploma in Children’s Services or 3 years’ experience.
- First Aid Certificate or willingness to obtain.
- Child Protection Certificate or a willingness to obtain.
All applicants must undergo a national police record check, have a NSW Working With Children Check, a signed prohibition notice declaration for prospective staff members and provide copies of relevant qualifications.
Position closes at 5pm on Friday 7 May 2021
Link to Casual Childcare Assistant Coordinator position description Link to prohibition notice declaration