Rainbow Region Kids Casual Childcare Educators – Casino to Ocean Shores
Northern Rivers Community Gateway is a not-for-profit, QIP accredited community organisation providing welfare and community capacity building services. We are a person-centred and values-driven organisation.
Our services are aimed at alleviating disadvantage. We are committed to social justice and to the financial and social inclusion of every human being.
Our Rainbow Region Kids service provides accredited before and after school care and vacation care. Developed with the my time our place framework, it provides government-subsided childcare for school aged children. We are now recruiting for Casual Childcare Educator positions.
The casual roles will work to a weekly roster, including split shifts. They will cover our service locations between Casino and Ocean shores, with remuneration aligning with the Children Services Award 2010 Level 2.
About the ideal person for this role
Our organisation is looking for suitable candidates who can align with our values
Key role responsibilities
- Assist in the implementation of the children’s programs under supervision.
- Assist in the implementation of daily care routines.
- Develop awareness of and assist in maintenance of the health and safety of the children in care.
- Understand and work according to the centre or service’s policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate knowledge of hygienic handling of food and equipment.
Key selection criteria
Qualification, knowledge, skills and experience required to perform the role
- Demonstrated ability to implement children’s programs under supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to assist in the implementation of daily routines.
- An awareness of, and assistance in the maintenance of the health and safety of the children in care.
- Show understanding and demonstrated ability to utilise behaviour management skills when dealing with individual or groups of children.
- A willingness to work according to the centre or service’s policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of hygienic handling of food and equipment.
- First Aid Certificate or a willingness to undertake first aid training.
- Child Protection Certificate or a willingness to obtain.
All applicants must undergo a national police record check, have a NSW Working With Children Check, a signed prohibition notice declaration for prospective staff members and provide copies of relevant qualifications.
Positions close 5pm Friday 11 December 2020
Link to position description Link to prohibition notice declaration