Rainbow Region Kids Childcare Assistant Coordinator – Ocean Shores
Northern Rivers Community Gateway is a not-for-profit, QIP accredited community organisation providing welfare and community capacity building services. We are a person-centred and values-driven organisation.
Our services are aimed at alleviating disadvantage. We are committed to social justice and to the financial and social inclusion of every human being.
Our Rainbow Region Kids service provides accredited before and after school care and vacation care. Developed with the my time our place framework, it provides government-subsided childcare for school aged children.
We are now recruiting for the following permanent part-time position of Ocean Shores Assistant Coordinator. This role is required to work 20 hours per week, with remuneration aligning to the Children Services Award 2010 Level 4.
About the ideal person for this role
Our organisation is looking for suitable candidates who can align with our values
Key role responsibilities
- Work as part of a team of Assistant Coordinators across the RRK children’s services.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the service location in line with the NQF Laws, Regulations and a directed by Management Contribute to the development of the Quality Improvement Plan (QIP).
- Review and revise the QIP as required by the Regulations Maintain knowledge and awareness with all relevant legislation and communicate any changes to management and educators.
- Ensure compliance with the service policies and procedures.
- Supervise staff ensuring all educators and other staff comply with the service’s policies and procedures.
Key selection criteria
Qualification, knowledge, skills and experience required to perform the role
- Relevant qualifications in a related field with a minimum of 3 years relevant working experience in childcare.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the Education and Care Services National Law and Regulations.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of childhood development.
- Demonstrated experience of working within a childcare framework and programming for childcare and monitor quality improvement.
- Communication skills including negotiation and conflict resolution.
- First Aid Certificate or a willingness to undertake first aid training.
- Child Protection Certificate or a willingness to obtain.
- Knowledge in the use of Microsoft and database programs.
Desirable: additional skills/hobbies to benefit in the delivery of service activities.
All applicants must undergo a national police record check, have a NSW Working With Children Check, a signed prohibition notice declaration for prospective staff members and provide copies of relevant qualifications.
Position closes at 5pm on Monday 15 March 2021
Link to Assistant Coordinator position description Link to prohibition notice declaration