Trauma Counsellor – Lismore
Northern Rivers Community Gateway is a not-for-profit, QIP accredited community organisation providing welfare and community capacity building services. We are a person-centred and values-driven organisation.
Our services are aimed at alleviating disadvantage. We are committed to social justice and to the financial and social inclusion of every human being.
We are now recruiting for the part-time position of Trauma Counsellor – 12 month fixed term contract. The position works 21 hours per week, with remuneration aligned to the SCHCADS Award 2010 Level 5.
In addition to salary, we offer the following benefits:
- Salary sacrificing entitlements
- Bonus leave at Christmas
- Access to staff wellness program
- Training and development
About the ideal person for this role
Our organisation is looking for suitable candidates who can align with our values
Key role responsibilities
- Facilitate a range of evidence-based counselling and psychotherapy modalities for an individual, family, and group setting.
- Conduct client assessments and review to evidence client outcomes throughout the counselling process.
- Promote quality outcomes for clients and work towards building resiliency skills that allow client independence from service.
- Apply theoretical knowledge of trauma and/or crisis interventions within the counselling process, demonstrating an ability to assess for and manage trauma appropriately.
- Ensure interventions have clear linkages to the initial assessment of identified need and align with client counselling case assessment/or plan.
- Prepare and facilitate content as required for groupwork that addresses identified need.
Key selection criteria
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in a related field with a minimum of 3 years relevant working experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in counselling and conducting therapeutic and support groups.
- Demonstrated sound knowledge and understanding of trauma and its affects.
- Sound understanding and experience in culturally sensitive practice.
- Sound knowledge of child protection.
- Knowledge of the effective therapies in supporting victims of sexual assault.
- Ability to undertake community development and deliver community education.
- Good knowledge in the use of Microsoft and database programs.
All applicants must undergo a national police record check, have a NSW Working With Children Check and provide copies of relevant qualifications.
Position closes at 5pm on Friday 19 February 2021.
Link to Trauma Counsellor position description