Our trauma counsellors provide free counselling services to children and adolescents who have experienced trauma, and to adult survivors of childhood sexual assault. In addition to individual counselling, our trauma counsellors facilitate group programs, community education seminars, workshops and training for allied professionals.
This permanent part-time role will work 21 hours over 3 days per week and is paid at SCHCADS Award Level 5.
- Salary packaging
- Bonus leave available during Christmas closure
- Access to staff wellness program
- Training and development
About the ideal person for this role
We are looking for suitable candidates who can align with our values:
Key selection criteria
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in a related field with a minimum of 3 years relevant working experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in counselling and conducting therapeutic and support groups.
- Demonstrated sound knowledge and understanding of trauma and its affects.
- Sound understanding and experience in cultural sensitive practice.
- Sound knowledge of child protection.
- Knowledge of the effective therapies in supporting victims of sexual assault.
- Ability to undertake community development and deliver community education.
- Good knowledge in the use of Microsoft and database programs.
If you require additional information relating to this position, contact Katie Burgess by emailing email@example.com or calling 0439 771 791.
Link to position description