Northern Rivers volunteer network
Our Northern Rivers volunteer network builds skills, capacity and opportunities for organisations who want to use volunteers.
Volunteers enable your organisation to develop new job functions, trial new skill sets and tap into a wealth of locally relevant knowledge. Volunteer engagement grows your organisation’s services, community reputation and social capital.
With hundreds of successful volunteer placements under our belt, we can provide your organisation with passionate volunteers across a wide range of knowledge, skills, locations and availability.
Our volunteers are experienced and passionate. We assess all our volunteers through an extensive interview and matching process, providing them with ongoing advice, training opportunities, support, information and resources.
What does our network provide your organisation with?
- Assistance in the recruitment of volunteers. We advertise your volunteer roles, interviewing and matching candidates to your needs.
- Advice on your training needs with discounted training costs for all your voluntary and paid staff.
- Guidance on volunteering best practices, volunteer management and how to effectively build your volunteering program.
- Advocacy and promotion of volunteerism throughout the Northern Rivers region and our wider communities.
- Opportunities to participate in our professional volunteer network which includes regular meetings, news and events.
Eligibility and membership fees
Our volunteer network is open to all eligible organisations in the Northern Rivers region. Your organisation is eligible if it:
- Holds current personal injury and public liability insurance cover for volunteers.
- Is committed to the Volunteering Australia national standards for volunteer involvement. Visit volunteeringaustralia.org for more details.
Membership for community organisations to join our volunteering network costs only $60 for one year (GST inclusive).
Fee exemptions are available for volunteer-run and other community organisations with limited funding. Please let us know if you think you may be eligible for a fee exemption.
You might be interested in
Many tracks, one road, sustaining community.
Community Gateway is a registered charity and QIP accredited, assessed against the Quality Improvement Council Health and Community Services 7th Edition Standards.
We acknowledge the traditional custodians of the lands on which we work and meet, and offer our respect to their elders, past, present and future.
Send us a message now
Copyright © 2020 Northern Rivers Community Gateway. All rights reserved.