Register as a volunteer
Register your interest now to become a volunteer
Volunteering can help you to learn new skills, meet new people, create new networks, develop new interests, feel great and have fun. Offering your skills, energy and knowledge through volunteering creates stronger, more resilient communities.
Why volunteer through us?
We create volunteering opportunities throughout the Northern Rivers region. Our network is growing, with community organisations that regularly benefit from our volunteer placements.
This means our volunteers have plenty of options to choose from when deciding how and where to donate their time.
We match our volunteers to the best roles that meet their interests, values and needs.
How we support your volunteer journey
We provide our volunteers with:
- Work placements throughout Ballina, Byron, Kyogle, Lismore and Richmond Valley.
- Ongoing, support, advice, information, resources and training opportunities.
- Tailored volunteer matching, based on individual needs, interests, skills, location and availability.
Where can volunteering take you?
We offer a wide, wonderful and varied choice of volunteer placements. By volunteering through us, you can grow new or existing skills in:
- Website design
- Disability support
- Driving and transportation
- Handyman and odd job work
- Office administration and book keeping
- Hospitality and barista work
- Koala and wildlife care
- Gardening, rainforest regeneration and environmental preservation
- Companionship and social support
Volunteer registration form
You might be interested in
Many tracks, one road, sustaining community.
Community Gateway is a registered charity and QIP accredited, assessed against the Quality Improvement Council Health and Community Services 7th Edition Standards.
We acknowledge the traditional custodians of the lands on which we work and meet, and offer our respect to their elders, past, present and future.
Send us a message now
Copyright © 2022 Northern Rivers Community Gateway. All rights reserved.