Build your organisation’s disaster resilience through free Tomorrow Ready training.
Tomorrow Ready provides free training that empowers your employees to develop new skills and grow existing skills, to mobilise, lead and support communities in future disaster recovery efforts.
We are a trusted, QIP-accredited, not-for-profit neighbourhood centre with nearly 50 years of experience in volunteer management, community capacity-building and welfare support. We’re based in Lismore and support communities throughout Northern NSW. After the catastrophic floods in 2022, our Lismore Community Hub provided over 13,000 occasions of services for people and communities in need.
Tomorrow Ready is funded by the NSW Government Reconstruction Authority to recruit, train and engage volunteers who want to help build disaster resilience for their families, businesses and communities. Tomorrow Ready empowers participants to use their new skills and knowledge wherever they see the need.
It’s easy for your organisation or workforce to build disaster resilience with Tomorrow Ready!
Tomorrow Ready training is flexible, accessible and completely free to participants. It is open to members of the public, business teams and employees, and existing volunteers. All Tomorrow Ready participants receive for free:
- Self-paced micro-qualifications and accredited training packages, including:
- Leadership and teamwork
- Mental Health First Aid
- Effective communication
- Supporting vulnerable people
- Disaster resilience
- Health and safety
- Self care
- Welcome packs, including:
- A cool cotton T-shirt
- Baseball cap to protect you in the sun
- Water bottle
- First aid kit
- Bumper sticker
- National police check (valid for 3 years)
- NSW Working With Children Check (valid for 5 years)
- Regular email newsletters and updates
- Invitations to free events and get-togethers
- Personal guidance and mentorship from our Tomorrow Ready staff, to help identify personal training needs and links to volunteering opportunities.
In a disaster support context, Tomorrow Ready prepares participants to be effective during and after a disaster in a variety of voluntary capacities which can include:
- Leading and coordinating spontaneous volunteers
- Receiving and disbursing donations at dedicated support sites
- Packing and delivering emergency relief and food boxes
- Assisting elderly people at their homes and in residential aged care
- Supporting vulnerable people at their homes and at support centres
- Helping disaster response agencies such as SES, RFS and Australian Red Cross
As well as building valuable skills and knowledge in your organisation, Tomorrow Ready links your staff to a growing number of volunteering opportunities throughout Northern NSW, through the Northern Rivers Volunteering network.
Read more about Tomorrow Ready here.
To talk with a member of our Tomorrow Ready team about your organisational needs, call us 6621 7397 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Individuals can register for their free Tomorrow Ready training here.