- 35 hours per week
- 12 month fixed term
- SCHCADS Award level 5 + super + leave loading + bonus leave
- Salary sacrifice options
- Based in Lismore
- Application closing date Friday 29 July 2022
Be the change you want to see. Community Gateway has been making a difference in our communities for fifty years and is looking for a passionate individual to join our team. We encourage applications from First Nations peoples.
What we offer
- Values driven organisation
- Generous salary packaging options
- Bonus leave for all permanent staff during Christmas closure
- Family focused workplace with above award paid parental leave
- Health and wellbeing program
- Flexible working options
- Professional development framework
- Extensive program of workplace team building events and activities
The Trauma Counsellor works as part of our counselling team to provide a free counselling service for children, adolescents and adults who have experienced childhood trauma including sexual assault. In addition to individual counselling, the Trauma Counsellor Fixed Term also facilitates group work for children and young people. With extensive expertise in trauma counselling for adult survivors of sexual assault, the role will also facilitate education seminars, workshops, and other support for the professional community.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in a related field together with relevant work experience
- Sound knowledge and experience counselling and conducting therapeutic support groups.
- Sound skills in assessing for and managing trauma appropriately.
- Sound understanding and experience in culturally sensitive practice.
- Sound knowledge of child protection and effective therapies in supporting victims of sexual assault.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in working as a specialist employee and exercising professional judgement.
- Good knowledge in the use of Microsoft and database programs.
- Graduate qualifications in psychology
- Evidence of full COVID vaccination
- Working with children check
- National police check
More information about this role
If you have questions about this role, contact Shaun McPherson by calling 0429 640 075 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
- Access the position description incorporating the selection criteria via the link below.
- Send your application to email@example.com.
- Your application must include:
- A cover letter addressing the selection criteria (no more than 2 pages)
- Your resume / CV
- Copies of qualifications and supporting documentation
If you have questions about our application process, contact our Human Resources Officer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Link to position description