Lismore Community Hub reopens with a public open day
After being closed for over a year due to flood incursion, our community hub in Lismore has finally reopened its doors to the public. It was formally reopened late last week by Janelle Saffin MP, Member for Lismore.
We’re excited and relieved to finally be back in our old home at 76 Carrington Street. The significant renovations to the building have repaired extensive flood damage, will safeguard against future flood damage and provide a better experience for community members.
To celebrate the occasion, we are hosting an open day at the community hub on Friday, 12 May from 2-6 pm.
The open day will feature:
- Guided tours of the new remodelled premises.
- Great raffle prizes to be won.
- Community art projects that everyone can add to.
- Live music and entertainment, including local acts Brodie Buttons, Jimmy Willing and Davey Bob Ramsay.
- Drinks, refreshments, snacks and hot food, including free mini doughnuts.
- Games, workshops and demonstrations.
- Fun activities for kids.
Join us to celebrate, connect with the Lismore community, relax, yarn, learn more about what the hub has to offer, about the support services we provide and have a great time with family and friends.
The event is free to enter. Children, families and everyone else are welcome to attend.