Child and adolescent trauma counselling
Free, confidential counselling service for children and young adults.
There are many different events that children and adolescents face during their life that can lead to an experience of trauma. Experiences such as domestic violence, sexual assault, bullying, separation, death, and so on can all cause lasting effects on a young person’s emotional growth and development.
Our expert, qualified trauma counsellors use a variety of creative and expressive therapies to address the symptoms of trauma. These include sand tray and symbol work, drawing therapy, play therapy, relaxation and mindfulness.
This confidential service is free and delivered throughout the Northern Rivers region. Counselling can be provided face-to-face in Lismore or Grafton, and online via video call.
All information exchanged is handled with the utmost care and confidence. Feel free to ask us about our information security practices.
What does our trauma counselling service provide?
- Free, confidential and professional counselling.
- Long and short term individual counselling.
- Support for children and adolescents who have been sexually assaulted, exposed to domestic violence, or other forms of trauma.
- Counselling and support is also offered to non-offending family members or carers.
- Support groups for children, adolescents and their non-offending parents or carers.
- Specialist consultation, information and resources about the effects of trauma on emotions, thoughts and behaviours.
You might be interested in
Many tracks, one road, sustaining community.
Community Gateway is a registered charity and QIP accredited, assessed against the Quality Improvement Council Health and Community Services 7th Edition Standards.
We acknowledge the traditional custodians of the lands on which we work and meet, and offer our respect to their elders, past, present and future.
Send us a message now
Copyright © 2022 Northern Rivers Community Gateway. All rights reserved.