Community Gateway is a not for profit, registered charity formed in 1976.
We have proudly operated as a neighbourhood centre for the Lismore area since 1976, and in 2012 became known as Northern Rivers Community Gateway.
We provide grass-roots welfare support and capacity building services for disadvantaged people and communities. Our services now extend from Lismore to the New South Wales Far North Coast, to the New England and Mid North Coast regions of NSW, and more broadly across the state.
Many tracks, one road, sustaining community.
We are a values-driven organisation. Our values underpin the work that we do and how we do it, they elevate our organisation and drive our strategic priorities.
Our purpose is to:
- Strategically secure funds to deliver programs and services that target socially and economically disadvantaged people.
- Establish an evidence base to plan, develop and manage innovative services that deliver positive social impacts and improve personal and community capacities.
- Provide facilities that promote community engagement and harmony by supporting community groups and services.
- Provide collaborative leadership to celebrate diversity and advocate for social justice.
- Advocate for the empowerment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- Provide opportunities for our service users to have a voice in the decisions that affect their lives.