Is your community Tomorrow Ready?
Join the Tomorrow Ready volunteer movement to make a big difference to people’s lives before, during and after a natural disaster.
Tomorrow Ready grows volunteer skills, knowledge and confidence to build disaster resilience in Northern NSW communities, and make a real difference to people’s lives when they need it most.
Tomorrow Ready volunteers are skilled up, trained and ready to hit the ground running, wherever they want to help, in the case of a disaster or emergency.
Realise your passion for helping others. Join a community of like-minded people. Grow your skills, knowledge and networks. Join Tomorrow Ready now.
Benefits to volunteers
- Be part of an inspiring network of passionate, community-focused volunteers.
- Develop new skills, knowledge and experience.
- Receiving accredited VET qualifications and training.
- Extensive insurance protection.
- Expanded professional networks and friendship circles.
- Regular events for socialising, team building and knowledge sharing.
- Rewards and recognition to celebrate volunteer achievements.
- Personal support, guidance and connection with our volunteering team to ensure that volunteers achieve their goals.
- Resources and information to provide volunteers with choice and control on their volunteer journey.
- All the positive mental health benefits from being part of something bigger and helping others.
Tomorrow Ready volunteers must:
- Be over 18 years of age.
- Attend regular online and in-person training in Northern NSW.
- Complete a National Police Check, with the cost covered by us.
Our expertise and value
- Community Gateway has been supporting volunteers and vulnerable people throughout Northern NSW for nearly 50 years.
- We are a grass roots community organisation with local experience and knowledge.
- Our support services for emergency relief, financial hardship, mental health, families and people experiencing homelessness provide a wrap-around system of total care, so that anyone we meet has access to the support they need.
- Our Tomorrow Ready volunteers are able to immediately connect vulnerable people to the support services they need, when they need it most.
Ready to make a difference?
To become a Tomorrow Ready volunteer, apply online now via our Be Collective network. Be Collective is like a social media platform for volunteering, connecting volunteers and opportunities.
If you don’t already have a Be Collective account, you will be asked to create one when you apply for this opportunity.
Read more about how we use Be Collective for volunteering here. For more information, contact our volunteer team via the channels on this page.